****Safely Returning to In-person Worship*** Arlington United Methodist Church Guidelines for Congregants Safety
Attendees will be urged to begin arriving at 9:30 AM. Worship will begin promptly at 10 AM.
Two questions will be asked of each member/visitor:
- Have you had contact with anyone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or hastested positive for COVID-19 in the last 2-14 days? YES OR NO
- Are you ill or have you been caring for someone who is ill and have experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 2-14 days? Such as: Cough, Muscle pain, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Sore throat, Fever, Chills, New loss of taste or smell, or less common, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?YES OR NO
- If either answer is YES, then please stay home and watch the service on LiveStream. Here is the web site address: arlington-umc.org
- Masks will be required for all those who will be assisting and any attendees.Those who wish not to wear a mask will not be allowed into the Sanctuary.
- Please remain socially distant at all times.
- The Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church advises that anyone over the age of 65 or those with underlying health conditions, should stay at home and watch the service online.
- Temperature will be taken of each attendee (Max temp allowed is 99 degrees). If an attendee has a temperature exceeding 99 degrees, they will NOT be allowed in the Sanctuary. If you are not feeling well for any reason, please stay home and watch the service on live stream.
- The Sanctuary area will be sanitized beginning around 9 AM on contact surfaces in and around the area. After the service is completed, the restrooms will be sanitized a 2nd time to make sure everything is clean and ready for Monday morning use.
- Envelope for giving – Please fill out in advance and have ready to place in giving box. If you forget your giving envelope, one will be provided along with a disposable pencil. If you are provided a pencil to write with, please discard it in the waste basket upon exiting the Sanctuary.
- Giving baskets/trays will be placed on the tables in the Narthex and Glass Room. Please place your offering envelope in the offering basket/tray upon entry to the sanctuary or when exiting. As an alternative you can make your offering via the AUMC website at: arlington-umc.org or send via regular mail.
- Attendees will be seated by the Ushers beginning at the front and filling spaces to the back.
- When the service is concluded, attendees will remain seated until they are escorted out by an usher. The congregation will leave the Sanctuary as follows:
- Those seated in the pews on the right (facing the
altar) will exit through the glass room with assistance by theUshers.(2) Those seated in the pews on the left will exit the back of the church with assistance by the Ushers to maintainseparation as much as possible.Congregation and visitors will be encouraged to go to their cars and not socialize in gatherings when leaving.IMPORTANT: If you exhibit symptoms of COVID, get the test done, and test POSITIVE, please notify the church office immediately. If this happens on a Friday, the offices are closed. Send an email to Sandra Cooper at email@example.com. Contact tracing will then be invoked to notify the congregants that attended the last Worship Service for quarantining purposes.There will not be any handshaking, no hugging, and no wandering around the Sanctuary. Once seated, please remain in your seat until dismissed by an Usher. (Passing of the Peace will be by wave)
- If possible and needed, please use the restroom before the service has started.
- If a restroom break is needed, leave by closest aisle where you are seated. An Usher will let you out and back in when you return. Entry into the restrooms inside the Glass Room will only be assessable through the inside door of the Sanctuary on the right of the podium. A signposted on the restroom door will state that only 1 person will be allowed in the men’s or women’s restroom at a time unless assistance is needed. Wash hands thoroughly before re-entering the Sanctuary. Hand sanitizer is available and should be used upon re-entering the Sanctuary. Please return to the center doors in the Narthex to be escorted by an Usher back to your seat.
- When communion is done on the first Sunday of each month, a specially designed wafer/juice pod will be provided in a disposal zip lock bag. Instructions will be provided by the Pastor during communion. The host and juice will be taken at your seat. Please use the zip lock bag to place the used communion container and drop in the waste basket upon exiting when the service is over.
- PLEASE leave the campus as soon as possible. Remain socially distant at all times. And please, No congregating in groups in the walkways/ breezeway.
- Bibles and Hymnals have been removed from the pews for sanitary reasons.
- All doors (including Glass Room doors) will be locked at 10:10am until the end of the service. A Security Officer will be on-site beginning at 9 AM and will stay until all members/visitors have left.
- All Sunday school classes are being conducted on Zoom Conferencing. The Fellowship Hall will not be open.
- Hearing impaired earpiece units will be provided and assigned to the member to keep. Members will be required to bring the earpiece with them each week. The Usher’s will provide the receiver pack and it will be returned when the service is completed.
- Doors will be open when arriving at the Sanctuary; please do not attempt to close or touch them.Signage will be placed to provide guidance for social distancing in the breezeway. If you know someone who does not use email, please contact them with the information about the change in worship and church activities.We are confident that God is with, around, and above, providing His love and protection.